Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Soul Pads

System:  All
What: period esque tents.
Quality: *****
Selection: **
Customer Service: ****

I've been looking for a period tent, but ultimately settled on this.  It's not truly period, but it is generic and acceptable enough for the SCA which puts it a step above any foam fighting groups I know.  I ordered the 16 ft diameter tent with the attached floor.  Delivery was free and here in just over a week.  The whole thing rolled up is about the size of my weapon bag.  Its not too heavy, but not light.  As for quality the jury is still out on that.  I don't doubt it will live up to my expectations, but I've never had the chance to use one before so I'll wait an event or two until I comment on that.

So I finally set up my soul pad.  It was every bit as easy as described.  Stake it down, put up the center post, tighten the guy ropes.  It was easily in the 90's that day, and I had set up in full sun, so I could see how it was in the heat.  Opening the all 4 screens and the door was a must, but by doing that it was actually bearable inside.  A little warm, but I really didn't expect comfortable.  It was definitely cooler than I did expect though, which was the oven of your typical nylon tent.  Take down went even quicker, and I was able to get everything back in the bag it shipped with.  Even getting the largest size they had though it felt small.  I think thats because of how low the side walls are.  There was no shortage of room, rather the just a feel like there is less room, because towards the sides it feels cramped.

Went to my first event with the this tent.  Rakis in southern Colorado.  90 to 100 degrees during the day, 50's at night according to the weather forecast.  Performed like a dream.  Taking a nap in the middle of the day is a something I have never been able to do in a tent before.   My only complaint about this tent at all, is that it is overweight for a plane.  But that is something I will suffer gladly for a tent I can truly be comfortable in.

http://soulpad.com/sanctuary/

No comments:

Post a Comment